General
How to apologise and make amends with your patient

How to apologise and make amends with your patient

Shared by:

In the heat of the moment, physicians may end up losing their patience and snap at their patients. Here are some ways you can apologise and make amends with the patient you had inadvertently hurt when you blew your temper.

today.mims.com

20 Dec 2016 - General

I agree that getting straight to the point with apologies is the best way to do it. Patients will also know if a professional is sincere enough; thus, one must mean what he/she is telling. It is good that the article highlighted that we should move o...
 (Total 73 words)
I have experienced apologizing to patients for operating schedule delays or when they have unmet needs that we were not able to deliver. I agree that the best approach is to be sincere and make the apology in person. I also find it useful to make a v...
 (Total 65 words)
This is a good post about which explained how to apologise to a patient in a descriptive manner and helpful to for all doctors to deal a patient. Sorry is a simple word and need not to wasted for silly things. We can able to address patient and the m...
 (Total 62 words)
That is all so very true. As physicians we need to understand our patient's situation and remain empathic at all times. Yes we are humans as well but our own emotions need to be set aside to be able to do our job well. Though not wanting to sound...
 (Total 116 words)
Health care professionals can also make mistakes as they are human too, either due to increased workload or personal issues. But at the same time, health care professionals reputation is also important so in any such incident it is a good option to a...
 (Total 53 words)
Doctors are humans and they are not immune from making mistakes. However, doctors’ errors even the slightest ones may cause undeniable psychological damage. The author in the article has mentioned very important points to take into account in these s...
 (Total 74 words)