General
12 “health habits” that won’t make you healthier

12 “health habits” that won’t make you healthier

Shared by:

Do generous layers of sunscreen, expensive shampoos and rigorous workouts keep you healthier in any way? Or does making your bed every morning keep the mites away? Now is the time to start rethinking these habits.

today.mims.com

20 Dec 2016 - General

Thank you for tagging me along Marinelle Castro . You are right that dynamic exercises are the ones we need before exercising. Some examples are jumping jacks, marching in place, butt kicks...
 (Total 82 words)
I agree with the point made Marinelle. In my opinion, by discoursaging some of these 'myth', you might send out a wrong message to the public, especially with the point on Blood pressure monitoring or exercising 'vigorously'. There ar...
 (Total 73 words)
About monitoring blood pressure, I don't think that this is a myth at all. If you have personal risk factors, it is in fact advisable to monitor one's blood pressure for surveillance. In addition, regarding stretching, I'd like to get the...
 (Total 82 words)
Such an informative article. Thanks Madhubabu kaaja for sharing this. The article mentioned most of the misconceptions of everyone. Actually, i consider myself guilty on this. Especially on ...
 (Total 65 words)
True! Many of these may be helpful, but may not be improving health much when done rigorously and obsessively. Washing the hair and face for instance can strip the scalp and skin of natural oils that protect them from dryness, leading to scalp and sk...
 (Total 60 words)
I agree with most of the above. On monitoring blood pressure, that is an interesting thought. For health screenings, the benchmark is usually 140/90, which astonished some of my students who followed the value of 120/80 judiciously. Catching up on sl...
 (Total 94 words)
These are nice tips and I agree with most of them. It is true that washing hairs daily can damage hair as shampoo wipes away the natural oil of the hair and it leaves them dry and most of the expensive shampoo are just to clean the hair and they is n...
 (Total 71 words)