General

Don't ignore a painful shoulder (pt2)

Created by:

20 Dec 2016 - General

Another story I have heard was of a boy who went for field camp as well. He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder while doing push ups with his field pack. He told his officers about it, and so they brought him to see a Medical Officer. The Medical Officer passed him off as 'trying to slack off', possibly because there were man others who presented with his condition but were faking it. Upon booking out, and returning home, the pain persisted. He saw a doctor with his parents whom finally spotted the issue with his shoulder upon taking an X ray. I brought these cases up as it is not acceptable to ignore a legit worry from a recruit and let him continue with arduous physical activities as sometimes that may aggravate his condition.

Here is the article for your interest: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/dont-ignore-a-painful-shoulder

Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan Thank you for sharing your experiences. The recruits should be able to tell the difference as well. The problem is that most of the times, recruits try to feign ...
 (Total 62 words)
I have often experienced stiff or painful shoulders but they were mostly due to improper sleeping positions, bad posture, or bags that were too heavy. Personally, I would only have conditions like this checked if the pain persists or if the pain is s...
 (Total 80 words)