General
Inexpensive Blood Test To Predict Risk Of Heart Attack

Inexpensive Blood Test To Predict Risk Of Heart Attack

Shared by:

A blood test used to diagnose heart attacks could actually be used to predict them 15 years in advance, a study found. Damaged heart muscle leaks troponin into the blood stream and simple blood test

healthscienceandtechnology.com

20 Dec 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro Troponin is fairly expensive in my country too. We don't have it in government hospitals. Even the national hospital of Sri Lanka, the one that is supposeed to be the b...
 (Total 55 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama that this blood test has been in clinical practice for many years. In fact it replaced other cardiac markers such as lactate dehydrogenase and creatini...
 (Total 67 words)
Troponin test is actually used to measure the levels of troponin T or troponin I proteins in the blood. These proteins are released when the heart muscle has been damaged, such as occurs with a heart attack. The more damage there is to the heart, the...
 (Total 95 words)
Measurement of troponin levels in blood has been a practice for many years, and the level of troponin rise is also known to correlate with the extent of tissue damage in a myocardial infarction. It is good to know that troponin can also be used to pr...
 (Total 55 words)