General
Inexpensive Blood Test To Predict Risk Of Heart Attack

Inexpensive Blood Test To Predict Risk Of Heart Attack

Shared by:

A blood test used to diagnose heart attacks could actually be used to predict them 15 years in advance, a study found. Damaged heart muscle leaks troponin into the blood stream and simple blood test

healthscienceandtechnology.com

20 Dec 2016 - General

Theekshana Abayawickrama Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Marinelle CastroBLOOD test - which will costs only £5 - could predict which patients are at risk of a heart attack and could be a better indicator than cholesterol levels or even blood pressure, acco...
 (Total 118 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama that this blood test has been in clinical practice for many years. In fact it replaced other cardiac markers such as lactate dehydrogenase and creatinine kinase isoenzymes because it has the advantage of increased specificity compared to the other tests. However, in our region, troponin testing is not inexpensive. In fact it is expensive and it is only available in large-volu...
 (Total 67 words)
Troponin test is actually used to measure the levels of troponin T or troponin I proteins in the blood. These proteins are released when the heart muscle has been damaged, such as occurs with a heart attack. The more damage there is to the heart, the greater the amount of troponin T and I there will be in the blood. This laboratory test will confirm if the patient really experiencing a heart attack. It is good to know that troponin test can be used to detect if the patient is at risk to heart at...
 (Total 95 words)