General
Healthcare on the shop floor – the retail pharmacist

Healthcare on the shop floor – the retail pharmacist

Shared by:

Retail pharmacy may be an area that many healthcare professionals have little understanding of. Many pharmacy graduates are also reluctant to embark upon this path, because of a perceived dilution of the emphasis on healthcare in everyday practice and increased concern about sales. As healthcare professionals that walk the thinnest line between the demands of customer service, retail considerations, and the ethics of healthcare practice, retail pharmacists occupy a unique position in the healthcare sector.

today.mims.com

21 Dec 2016 - General

Ahh. I think the load of increasing the sales is high on the pharmacist and they try many different techniques for that like collaboration with the local doctor and other techniques. However, when it comes to healthcare, I believe the health of the p...
 (Total 90 words)
This is interesting. How do pharmacists treat their clients? Do they see them as a costumer or as a patient? This is advantageous to have a pharmacy inside the mall. For anyone can access a medication if it is urgent e.g. stomach upset, diarrhea, he...
 (Total 61 words)
A healthcare professional on the shop floor don’t look professional but retail pharmacy is a branch of pharmacy where pharmacists have to engage with the sale of medicinal products and handle the customers. Customers can be patients or regular consum...
 (Total 64 words)
I think that working in retail pharmacy is pretty different from working for hospital pharmacy. On the one hand, at hospital pharmacies, you will see patients with different kinds and levels of illness coming to dispense serious drugs from you. On th...
 (Total 60 words)
A major difference between retail pharmacists and most other healthcare professionals is their site of operation. Doctors, nurses, therapists, hospital pharmacists and other healthcare professionals usually work in a location that is specific to thei...
 (Total 65 words)