General
The Christmastime suicide: Myth or fact?

The Christmastime suicide: Myth or fact?

Shared by:

The Christmastime suicide is a long standing myth that the extra stress during Christmas day can lead to suicidal thoughts and peak the rate of suicides. But new findings indicate this might not be true.

today.mims.com

22 Dec 2016 - General

I consider the holiday stress is a myth and moreover stress during holidays is related to personal factors. Depression is not something to discount during the holidays. Each person should be taken seriously and properly evaluated for any suicidality....
 (Total 68 words)
Also, we have to take an important point into consideration. Globally, Christmas festive vary greatly from place to another. For example, at this time of the year it is a very cold winter with less sunny and shorter days in the northern hemisphere wh...
 (Total 77 words)
Actually, there have been some studies into this issue. Contrary to popular belief, the suicide rate peaks in the springtime, not the wintertime. This is probably because the rebirth that marks springtime accentuates feelings of hopelessness in those...
 (Total 85 words)
This is a very interesting paradoxical finding. I wonder how this applied to other events of the year like valentine’s day. I find that this article is not really created from the perspective of a depressed person who conducts suicide. When one is in...
 (Total 77 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Being loved and get the attention and care of people around you and express your feelings to special ones is the key for relieved mental health and be normally active...
 (Total 72 words)
It is indubitable that companionship will prevent suicide. People with children or loved ones will be less inclined to commit suicide, for fear of leaving a greater burden on their family members. Companions also give reasons for people to survive, a...
 (Total 79 words)
Definitely, companionship prevents suicide. But if only we all know what a friend is thinking and feeling in her innermost self, we wouldn't be leaving them at their lowest point. Also, what is with Mondays? Why is it normally the highest day of ...
 (Total 45 words)
The terms like "birthday blues" and "christmastime suicide" are quite common these days. The time that is thought to be the period of enjoyment becomes a stressful event for many due to unmet expectations. In Christmas, usually fa...
 (Total 79 words)
Psychiatrists believe that over 90 per cent of cases of suicide are not the result of a rational decision but of mental disorder. I think suicidal thoughts might exist for those feeling disappointed of themselves and couldn’t achieve what they want d...
 (Total 57 words)