General
Overreaction to kids’ food allergies could result in misdiagnosis

Overreaction to kids’ food allergies could result in misdiagnosis

Shared by:

New research points to an increase in the incidence of over-testing and misdiagnosis of food allergies in children, causing an irrational fear of eating certain foods and may ultimately lead to nutritional deficiency.

today.mims.com

23 Dec 2016 - General

I suggest that "play in the dirt" should be replaced with a more practical advice because it can be easily subject to misinterpretation. I understand that parents are overprotective, however, they should be properly educated on what healthy...
 (Total 98 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama Due to pregnancy and related complications, patient wasn't able to have the first stones removed until 2006, but she didn't continue with follow-up treatment...
 (Total 41 words)
Working in a pediatric hospital I have come to realise that there are more kids who get admitted to hospitals with minor illnesses than there were when we were kids. Now a days parents are overprotective. They do not let their children play in the ou...
 (Total 69 words)
Tahira Nawaz well said, we should be cautious while we found food allergies in children where we can't conclude merely by what doctors or children speaks. There should be some scientifi...
 (Total 42 words)
Food allergies pose absolute danger to the children’s health as children have restrictive diet due to allergies. It is also seen that inaccurate tests can put patients at risk of malnutrition. Another study has suggested that primary care doctors ord...
 (Total 60 words)