General
Facebook lurking makes you miserable, says study - BBC News

Facebook lurking makes you miserable, says study - BBC News

Shared by:

Spending too long on social media is likely to cause envy and dissatisfaction, suggests a study.

www.bbc.com

24 Dec 2016 - General

ah social media lurking. I would usually term this as "trolling" but lurking works just as well. Definitely what is posted on social is a unrealistic comparison. People just post the pretty part of their lives. They show small glimpses of something great making you feel that their life is so awesome and yours is..well mediocre. I personally remind myself not to indulge myself too much into social media. Any smart professional individual could easily fall prey to the long claws of the e...
 (Total 88 words)
Marinelle Castro
I totally believe that everything in this life is a double edged weapon having its good and bad impacts.
Social media is for sure a great way to connect the whole world together and be in touch with but it is at the same time destruct your close relationships as if you want to congratulate someone you just text him instead of visiting and get the news of relatives from Facebook for examp...
 (Total 89 words)
I've read several studies linking negative emotions and social media. I think that people should sensibly use Facebook, or other similar social sites to prevent feeling envious about other people's lives. People must also realize that spending too much time browsing on such sites may be detrimental to mental health, if they begin comparing their lives to others. In truth, nobody's life is perfect, and people are inclined to share "proud" or "happy" moments, which ...
 (Total 99 words)