General
Small moments have a big impact on patients' lives

Small moments have a big impact on patients' lives

Shared by:

As a doctor, I've learned that it's not just the momentous interventions that affect my patients.

www.kevinmd.com

24 Dec 2016 - General

Death and loss can be managed to ensure that the patient is able to make full use of their time left, as mentioned before in one of the articles posted here on MIMS. It is difficult to tell patients the truth, but it also enables some of them to set realistic goals which they wish to see. A doctor should not shun cases of death, and it is alright to feel sad about a patient's departure, for it will have meant that what was shared was not just a professional relationship but that of friendshi...
 (Total 97 words)
Awww. Such an inspiring blog. Doctors encounter different kinds of patients in a day and all of them had their own story. This blog is about 2 patients who suffered from impending death and loss. This is really hard for doctors especially when talking about loss and death. I know how challenging it is to be straigthforward to your patients status. However, doctors are really brave enough to share this tough times to their patients. They learn many things throughout their experience. Indeed, it i...
 (Total 96 words)