General

Health problems of the tropical forest people

Created by:

26 Dec 2016 - General

Last two days, I have been to some forestvillages on the Malaysian-Indonesian border in a part of rural outreach clinic. The villages were Christian ones so we spent the Christmas with them there. What shocked me besides the tough poor life on the Jungle Mountains was the fact that these villagers can see a doctor only once every three months. This of course has led to the spread of many health problems. Do you have a similar situation in your country? What do you think can be done to lessen these problems?

Doctors would have to be allocated to these areas to ensure that the whole population has equal access to medical treatment. It may be costly for these individuals to travel to cities anyway, so subsidies and treatment of closer proximity will defini...
 (Total 70 words)
Singapore is a really small nation, so it is relatively easy to carry out regular health screenings for most of the population. Free health screenings are carried out regularly in many neighbourhoods as well. I think the issue lies in our foreign wor...
 (Total 65 words)
Yes Jemelyn Mae Sodusta the accessibility is the biggest challenge. We had to leave the cars and hike up the mountain for more than one hour to reach the first village. That is why it is es...
 (Total 66 words)
I guess this is really true to far flung areas which has less civilization. Just like here in the Philippines, there are places that can't be reach easily. You have have to travel by boat for approximately 1-4 hours depending on the place. This i...
 (Total 65 words)