General
An examination of personalities amongst doctors in healthcare sector and their effects – part 2

An examination of personalities amongst doctors in healthcare sector and their effects – part 2

Shared by:

If a doctor's personality can already impact his or her own views of job satisfaction and teamwork among medical personnel, it would definitely affect their communication with patients.

today.mims.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

I agree that a doctor’s personality greatly influences the establishment of a therapeutic relationship. For instance, I know of some doctors who are extreme introverts. Unfortunately, some of them are having a hard time communicating with the patient...
 (Total 58 words)
The different personality traits among doctors can predict their relationship with their patients. It also determines how the doctor would communicate or how his attitude will be throughout the treatment procedure. For example a doctor who has an int...
 (Total 85 words)
I think what would be useful would be for a doctor to get a feel of where the patient falls into the Myer-Briggs Type Indicators and try to adjust his or her tone and approach to dealing with this patient. We can never match a patient to a doctor bas...
 (Total 61 words)
It is ideal that a doctor can be paired with a patient that has the same personality dimension, it is rarely the case that such a pairing might happen, with only 1 out of 11 chances. What is most important is that doctors can adjust their communicati...
 (Total 60 words)