General
3 reasons why TB treatment compliance fails

3 reasons why TB treatment compliance fails

Shared by:

Why do TB patients fail to comply with treatment course until completion? Two government doctors give their views.

today.mims.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

Such complications may be due to improper medication compliance where the bacteria become resistant to TB drugs and evolve into something more difficult to treat. It should be emphasized to patients that compliance is very important, especially in th...
 (Total 66 words)
I see more and more complications of tuberculosis. What originally would be a disease of the lungs is now common in the abdomen or may even cause drastic lung destruction. I have seen a few patients in the past 2 months with such problems and they ar...
 (Total 63 words)
The treatment regimen for tuberculosis is usually over a prolonged period of time, and compliance to the medications regimen is very important. DOTS should be a very good strategy in implementing the tuberculosis treatment plan. Public and patient e...
 (Total 61 words)
In any form of treatment, patient attitude influences success of treatment. In some parts of the country, some patients also think that tuberculosis is not a serious illness because of a lot of people have it. I remember my community medicine rotatio...
 (Total 76 words)
I agree with Jennifer Winter that Filipinos are in denial when diagnosed with tuberculosis. I have to note the housing structure in the lower income population also. Since infection is via ...
 (Total 73 words)
Many developing countries are riddled with this notorious disease TB. Here in the Philippines TB is highly taboo. If you suggest someone has TB they would either get offended or get alarmed. Either way people tend to come in late despite the symptoms...
 (Total 89 words)
Recurrence of the disease may occur due to non compliance with the advised treatment and so the patients should be educated to avoid such scenarios. Tuberculosis is a major disease affecting the developing nations like India. In India, many people fa...
 (Total 95 words)