General
6 of the worst hospital systems around the world

6 of the worst hospital systems around the world

Shared by:

The difference between a healthy population that experiences longer life expectancies and the converse is a country’s healthcare system. Thus, it is imperative that countries invest substantially into their healthcare system.

today.mims.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

I was almost fearful of seeing our country on the list, as I have seen and heard about too many defects in our health care system and hospitals, along with a lot of stories about people not being able to afford proper care. Anyhow I’d also like to se...
 (Total 70 words)
I was really surprised to see US and UK on this list. Yes, the NHS and Obamacare has its dissidents but I definitely did not think it was bad enough to qualify here. I think hospital services in rural areas are bound to be much lower in standards. So...
 (Total 117 words)
In a list of 6, 3 have cases of warfare/civil unrest, hardly the fault of the healthcare system but the political climate. UK has cases of individual hospital failings, not surprising, but to swept the NHS and private hospitals (there are private hea...
 (Total 97 words)
Like some of the community members, I also did not expect American and British hospital systems to be ranked amongst the worst because I expect other poorer countries to be included in the list. In our country, it is usual for resident doctors to wor...
 (Total 59 words)
The Obamacare has been contested because it was "bleeding" resources of the United States that were deemed unnecessary. It is quite perplexing to see two first world countries in the list because a country's healthcare system is reflect...
 (Total 69 words)
I was a bit surprised to see the UK and the US on the list. Though the US claims to have the health care in the world, which I personally believe is highly debatable, I do not think it has the worst hospital system in the world. For Obamacare I still...
 (Total 111 words)
and here I expected the list to be filled with low income countries. If they just placed those countries in that list it would've been a very monotonous article as we all know low income countries, as the name suggests, does not have the adequate...
 (Total 85 words)
I agree with Kathleen Peralta . I didn't expect NHS to be in such a situation. It is regarded to be based on a strong model and it is really sad to read this. Most of the healthcare sys...
 (Total 95 words)
It is surprising to see that NHS is struggling to get the basics right. But I guess I have to agree. Struggling in a sense that the public are in control of their own lives that no matter what the healthcare professionals say or advice, or whatever p...
 (Total 81 words)