General
6 of the worst hospital systems around the world

6 of the worst hospital systems around the world

Shared by:

The difference between a healthy population that experiences longer life expectancies and the converse is a country’s healthcare system. Thus, it is imperative that countries invest substantially into their healthcare system.

today.mims.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

Poorly written article. Is this the level of evidence that we want our current and future healthcare to model upon?

You're backing your statements with opinions on newspapers/websites, which is in turn almost always biased opinions to gather readers. Do we honestly think the US and UK have worse healthcare systems than Malaysia?
Mind you the 'basics' in, say an NHS hospital is far beyond the 'basics' of a Malaysian public hospital, where 'brown water and moul...
 (Total 90 words)
I was really surprised to see US and UK on this list. Yes, the NHS and Obamacare has its dissidents but I definitely did not think it was bad enough to qualify here. I think hospital services in rural areas are bound to be much lower in standards. Someone told me that in Cambodia, doctors working in rural regions early 100 times less than their counterparts in cities, this prevents doctors from seeking jobs in the rural areas leading to a shortage of professional help there. Also, lunch hours ar...
 (Total 117 words)
In a list of 6, 3 have cases of warfare/civil unrest, hardly the fault of the healthcare system but the political climate. UK has cases of individual hospital failings, not surprising, but to swept the NHS and private hospitals (there are private healthcare in UK you know) as poor quality is ignorance. US was the poorest among the 10 industrialised countries surveyed (usually the G10 countries) ... meaning it's still 10, at least in top 20.....

My point is, none of this talk about h...
 (Total 97 words)
I was a bit surprised to see the UK and the US on the list. Though the US claims to have the health care in the world, which I personally believe is highly debatable, I do not think it has the worst hospital system in the world. For Obamacare I still believe it has potential as it is after all trying to adapt socialized medicine which has its pros. The description on the UK namely this bit: "nation has an “outstandingly poor” record of preventing ill health and that the NHS struggles to get...
 (Total 111 words)
I agree with Kathleen Peralta . I didn't expect NHS to be in such a situation. It is regarded to be based on a strong model and it is really sad to read this. Most of the healthcare systems mentioned in this article is of underdeveloped or developing nation except USA and UK. The overall economic condition of the country affects the allocation of the funds to the healthcare assets. In countries like Syria, th...
 (Total 95 words)