General
The dangerous, growing trend of binge drinking

The dangerous, growing trend of binge drinking

Shared by:

The Department of Health surveyed around 70,000 primary and secondary students, discovering 3.4% of primary four students and 12.1% of secondary six students had at least one experience of binge drinking, while 1.2% and 2% of them continued to do so at least once a month, respectively.

today.mims.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

That is true that since its Christmas season and new year is fast approaching, we are more into social events almost everyday along with it drinking alcohols. Parties are everywhere and living in the Philippines, the celebration does not only stop to a single party rather it is a series of non stop events. It is also true that minor individuals has an easy access on having these liquor which causes the addiction earlier. I think more campaigns should be imposed to the public most especially to t...
 (Total 89 words)
eugen dumkopf MIMS is a complete healthcare website domain here we can able to discuss any health issues, concerns, news etc. MIMS community is not only with doctors but also consists of all HCPs including nurses, pharmacist, research and allied healthcare professionals too. Earlier several case studies are posted also. If you want to discuss any medical treatment diagnostic problems then you can create a topic a...
 (Total 78 words)
Like what Jemelyn Mae Sodusta mentioned, binge drinking is a societal problem. At present, a lot of teens are getting into this habit, perhaps as a result of peer influence. Unfortunately, some of these people still continue the habit until it becomes alcohol dependence or alcohol abuse disorder. It's good that we are having a stricter implementation of policies on curfew among minors and alcohol drinking al...
 (Total 69 words)
Drinking socially and in reasonable amount are okay but going beyond the limit is not. Call me idealistic but I always thought that binge drinking is normally among teenagers/early twenties and as they grow older, they become more mature and choose to party lesser and drink lesser. Being 54 years old, I thought you would be responsible enough to know when too much is too much. But then, this article proved me wrong. Effects of Alcohol in the body should bever be taken for granted and dessiminati...
 (Total 95 words)
The trend of binge drinking is getting widespread these days. Parties, social gatherings, festivals and many times even weekends are the events at which binge drinking mostly occurs. Nevertheless, it is quite harmful for the health. Drinking large amount of alcohol in speedy duration of time can cause deleterious effects on the body. I agree with Chih Chiang Nieh that though should be educated about the harmful...
 (Total 71 words)
Alcohol tends to be the underestimated drug. Sure we can drink socially which means we drink for special occasions, but when it becomes regular it has a long stream of problems connected to it. It makes sense that when you start young you may later grow an addiction and drink more. It is of course a very subjective matter because starting young doesn't automatically result into an alcoholic person later in life. A certain amount of awareness needs to put more out there on the harms alcohol c...
 (Total 89 words)