General
A disconnect between physicians and laboratory professionals | OUPblog

A disconnect between physicians and laboratory professionals | OUPblog

Shared by:

Many clinical decisions are based on laboratory test results. The rapidly expanding number and complexity of these tests present physicians with many challenges in accurately and efficiently ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests. Diagnostic errors affect 5% of US adults who seek outpatient care each year, and contribute to approximately 10% of patient deaths and 6 to 17% of hospital adverse events.

blog.oup.com

27 Dec 2016 - General

The selection of laboratory is very important. A laboratory should be well chosen depending on several criteria. The instruments and machines used should not be substandard. The laboratory professionals should be well qualified based on the local mi...
 (Total 64 words)
Totally agreed with Jemelyn Mae Sodusta , a good communication between the laboratory professional and physicians is important in healthcare settling. Everyone is a team player, together in...
 (Total 63 words)
Laboratory professionals should do their part to reach out physicians when their is unusual results. Communication is very vital in the field of healthcare industry. Anything severe can happen when results are not reliable. Just like what i have read...
 (Total 81 words)
I agree there is a need to establish good relationships with our laboratory counterparts and others as well as a matter of fact. For the lab there needs to be clear communication as I have seen quite some amount of discordance when information is com...
 (Total 96 words)
This is a common problem in dentistry also. The relationship of a dentist and the laboratory technician plays an important role in the success of many treatment procedures in dentistry. And as mentioned in the article, due to widespread advancements ...
 (Total 89 words)
Thank you for sharing this Afaque Ali . In our country, doubts arising from ordering the specific ancillary procedures are quite rare as opposed to what the article has mentioned. I do call...
 (Total 70 words)
I am agreeing with this article post that in some hospital staff are not working with coordination of other departments for the effective care of patients. The things which arises due to miscommunication between doctor and lab personnel are example f...
 (Total 63 words)