General
Doctors suggest 30-second pause before cutting the umbilical cord of newborns

Doctors suggest 30-second pause before cutting the umbilical cord of newborns

Shared by:

A brief pause before cutting the umbilical cord of newborns will benefit them by delivering a surge of oxygen-rich blood, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists suggest.

today.mims.com

28 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz What you have said were absolutely correct and the sequences those might be caused by the conditions you have mentioned are mainly long lasting. Sometimes they can threate...
 (Total 59 words)
I agree with you Mark Edmon Tan Rajinda Asalage I would like to also add that among preterm infants, the delay is believed to ...
 (Total 71 words)
I personally think that it would be beneficial abd helpful to prevent iron deficiency anaemia in neonates. Right after the birth they try to use their own lungs to have the ventilation as the blood supply from the mother is compromised after cutting ...
 (Total 58 words)
I agree that waiting out for 30 to 60 seconds before cutting the umbilical cord will theoretically facilitate the crucial respiratory system transitioning of the newborn. We should still keep it to this interval though as other necessary routine such...
 (Total 72 words)
The article mentions crucial benefits for delaying cutting the umbilical cord of newborns for few seconds. In my medical school, our professors taught us also that it is better to wait few minutes before clamping the umbilical cord of the newborn. Th...
 (Total 68 words)