General
5 easy social media tips for doctors

5 easy social media tips for doctors

Shared by:

Medical professionals in Malaysia and Singapore are still leery of adopting social media in their professional lives. Many consider it a distraction, or worse, a potential liability. However, Dr. Kevin Pho says it is important for physicians to use social media to ‘define their online presence’.

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

I think these tips are useful for any kinds of professional practice. Though the use of social media to promote medical practice is not yet very common here in our country, I’ve seen sites and blogs of physicians from Western countries successfully p...
 (Total 95 words)
Despite my love for technology, as I am a highly techie person, I don't know if I will be comfortable with having an online presence where you get rated, receive comments etc. I would like to leave the commenting as word by mouth where patients I...
 (Total 97 words)
Personally, I do not make use of social media as a professional platform because of lack of regulation. In fact, I am one of those doctors who think that is a potential source of liability because it seems like there are more disadvantages than advan...
 (Total 70 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
I think social media should be personal and private to family members only, there is no need to mix between the personal life and work.
Also doctors may don't...
 (Total 61 words)
Social media has become a part of the practice in today's world and even doctors and other healthcare professionals should know these social media tips so that they can boost their online presence and have more business. The ideas mentioned in th...
 (Total 86 words)
Social media could be a boon or a bane for healthcare professionals, one should really tread with caution when using social media. Blogs about the healthcare professional's personal life should be on 'private mode' for confidentiality and...
 (Total 87 words)
In todays digital world, we could no longer deny that people have been very techy accross all ages. From children and even to senior citizen days. I have come to read a previous article in the community also regarding having online profiles being lin...
 (Total 137 words)
I believe that healthcare professionals in general and doctors in particular have to be extra cautious when dealing with social media. The article recommends very valuable points to bear in mind before launching a professional online presence. Handli...
 (Total 55 words)