General
Clinician scientists in short supply in Singapore despite efforts

Clinician scientists in short supply in Singapore despite efforts

Shared by:

Clinician scientists are doctors who double as scientists. Despite the government’s efforts to boost employment numbers, individuals cite various deterrence factors that should be targeted to boost employment.

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz
Unfortunately this field is not available in our country although it plays an important role in enhancing work of healthcare facilities, even science college in my co...
 (Total 72 words)
As far as I am concerned, in the Philippines, there is no separate course for being a clinician scientist. I am also unsure if there is a need for such because physicians are expected to perform research on rare illnesses without the funding support ...
 (Total 70 words)
I am unsure with the number of clinical scientist percentage shortage in Malaysia or Singapore compared to the Philippines. They are essential and a big contributing factor in developing new trends in the improvement of healthcare accross the globe. ...
 (Total 83 words)
Unlike what the article says, I do not feel that there is a lack of clinician scientists in Singapore. I have not worked in Malaysia before hence I am unable to comment on it. From what I feel, the Singapore medical landscape has been refocusing towa...
 (Total 83 words)
Clinical scientists have a pivotal and pioneering role in the healthcare profession. They form the future of medicine and help tackling the recent health issues. Singapore and Malaysia are witnessing a shortage of clinical scientists due to several r...
 (Total 65 words)