General
Only 16% of medical news found to have independent expert commentary

Only 16% of medical news found to have independent expert commentary

Shared by:

A recent analysis revealed that only 16% of health news stories have comments from qualified, independent experts – while a majority of commentators either had conflicts of interest or are unqualified.

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

I guess this is one of the reasons why the issue regarding the lack of standards and accurate data reporting is compromising the quality of scientific findings. A lot of studies today, even if published in reputable journals, may still lack certain c...
 (Total 71 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz not all the information and articles which are published online should be trusted.
I think if you found yourself interested in one of them you should try to find the r...
 (Total 56 words)
Articles placed online are really sometimes questionable. Information is very easy to be spread out through without any other approval. I don't know what is there motive of spreading false information and even misleading people. Better check for ...
 (Total 48 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz I agree that medical report bias is worrisome because this can be easily misinterpreted by consumers. Health information literacy is quite difficult to ascertain at the m...
 (Total 72 words)
The credibility of many medical news websites is increasingly questionable these days. Many websites report partial findings or biased studies. Even more, it has become a daily experience to encounter different articles opposing each other due to lac...
 (Total 55 words)