General
Should doctors turn away unvaccinated children to protect other patients?

Should doctors turn away unvaccinated children to protect other patients?

Shared by:

It was found that the rate of doctors dismissing families who refuse vaccinations from their practices has nearly doubled. Is this the right move, or should doctors spend more time trying to change the minds of the child's parents?

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz Bitter destiny- I love you choice of words there. Very poetic and yet very real. Developing countries residents have fewer of those who do not seek vaccination. If ever th...
 (Total 83 words)
I totally agree with you Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan and Jennifer Winter . This is more of a developed world problem than devel...
 (Total 93 words)
I think these anti-vaccination ideas are the result of various issues in the Western world. They aren’t due to illiteracy or under-education but are actually more radical/ freethinking views. Hopefully herd immunity does its work. As for turning away...
 (Total 67 words)
"73% of parents think vaccines are unnecessary"- now that statistic is overly alarming. The propaganda which brainwashed people saying that vaccinations is part of a ploy of the government to control people or some other conspiracy theory s...
 (Total 112 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama that perhaps most of non-vaccinated children will benefit from the herd immunity somehow in general. But in case of getting infected, it will turn cata...
 (Total 77 words)
I have never encountered the anti vaxxers groups and their views face to face in my life until I came to Malaysia Marinelle Castro ...
 (Total 76 words)
Marinelle Castro Oh good thing that I wasn't the only one thinking about this. Yes, our government is really very supportive with these vaccinations eversince. Even in the far flung are...
 (Total 47 words)
Priscilla Mae Gobuyan We are very lucky that anti-vaxxers are not common in our region. In fact, vaccination is viewed as a parental responsibility in the Philippines. Our government is ver...
 (Total 60 words)
I honestly never heard of someone or a parent in the Philippines refusing to have their children vaccinated. Or maybe I'm not that aware because in my entirw course of practice, I never had encountered not even ones. We'll as they say, it rea...
 (Total 77 words)
As long as there is a considerable number of people who are vaccinated, the illiterate one's kids who are not vaccinated will stay without much of issues. So they may influence other parents also not to vaccinate their children. But when the tabl...
 (Total 65 words)
I have this conversation with my friend lately. It is about vaccination of her kid. She shared that she had a friend whi doesn't vaccinate her kids. She even mentioned that the kids of her friends are healthy. Due to this, her friend influenced h...
 (Total 78 words)
I agree that physicians should not turn away patients or parents of those who do not agree with vaccination. Usually, I do not convince patients to undergo any form of treatment or procedure. However, vaccination is an exception because this is one o...
 (Total 65 words)
Anti-vaccination groups are a real problem on the rise. I believe that turning away unvaccinated individuals should be an option on the list to protect other patient in general and immunocompromised patients in particular who can’t survive these kind...
 (Total 53 words)