General
Should doctors turn away unvaccinated children to protect other patients?

Should doctors turn away unvaccinated children to protect other patients?

Shared by:

It was found that the rate of doctors dismissing families who refuse vaccinations from their practices has nearly doubled. Is this the right move, or should doctors spend more time trying to change the minds of the child's parents?

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz Bitter destiny- I love you choice of words there. Very poetic and yet very real. Developing countries residents have fewer of those who do not seek vaccination. If ever there are those who are not vaccinated it is because of no access or the inability to access health care. Jumping back to developed countries I just remembered about the little out breaks of measles in the US. That is a clear exa...
 (Total 83 words)
I totally agree with you Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan and Jennifer Winter . This is more of a developed world problem than developing world. Ironically, people in less developing countries have less problems with vaccinations perhaps because they don’t have the luxury of herd community in addition to the near memories of people af...
 (Total 93 words)
"73% of parents think vaccines are unnecessary"- now that statistic is overly alarming. The propaganda which brainwashed people saying that vaccinations is part of a ploy of the government to control people or some other conspiracy theory stuff plays a part in that. Another would be the belief that vaccination causes Autism. That I know is a widely known belief and I would understand why parents would fear that. We just need to educate the public more and more and some more to get rid ...
 (Total 112 words)
I agree with Theekshana Abayawickrama that perhaps most of non-vaccinated children will benefit from the herd immunity somehow in general. But in case of getting infected, it will turn catastrophic for them and perhaps for their surrounding society as well Jemelyn Mae Sodusta . Another important point we have to remember is that h...
 (Total 77 words)
I have never encountered the anti vaxxers groups and their views face to face in my life until I came to Malaysia Marinelle Castro Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . In my home country in the arab world, these views are almost non-existent. Even in the far isolated places in the desert, some tribes may complain from lack of medical supplies ...
 (Total 76 words)