General
Green tea extract reduces cholesterol concentration in postmenopausal women

Green tea extract reduces cholesterol concentration in postmenopausal women

Shared by:

Taking green tea extract (GTE) supplementation helps lower circulating total cholesterol (TC) and LDL-cholesterol concentrations, particularly in women with elevated baseline TC concentrations, according to a recent study.

specialty.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

My mom is a big fan of green tea, and she always says that its one of the reasons why the Japanese live long lives and are still healthy at an old age. Green tea does have a multitude of benefits and it doesn’t hurt to take a cup or two a day. Just m...
 (Total 80 words)
Upon reading the article I was interested to know about it's effect on HDL. I did a little research and it is slightly conflicting as some say it leaves HDL untouched as others say that drinking green tea (not the pre-mixed or bottled kind) can r...
 (Total 67 words)
Green tea is known to promote cardiovascular health mainly because of its antioxidant properties. I personally advise patients who have cardiovascular risk factors to take green tea, and generally what I have noticed is people actually do it. Unlike ...
 (Total 67 words)
In the recent years, drinking of green tea extract became popular because of its numerous health benefits. It is interesting to read that it also has effects on lowering cholesterol in post-menopausal women. However, still the appropriate dose remain...
 (Total 57 words)
Thank you Tahira Nawaz for sharing this topic. Menopause can be a tough time for women and such home remedies can help in healing the body in a natural way. Green tea is rich in antioxidant...
 (Total 70 words)
Green is very healthy drink as it is rich in anti-oxidants and has positive impact on weight loss. A latest research has proven that taking green tea extract supplementation helps to lower circulating total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol concentrati...
 (Total 53 words)