General
FDA to establish medical standard for laboratory testing industry

FDA to establish medical standard for laboratory testing industry

Shared by:

With the expansion of new products due to emerging technologies, the FDA wants companies to prove product efficacy before marketing.

today.mims.com

29 Dec 2016 - General

I’ve heard about Theranos and I thought that their testing equipment using only a few drops of blood to screen over 200 tests was quite an amazing innovation. Turns out, it was too good to be true. It’s about time that the FDA monitor everything used...
 (Total 55 words)
I also see this as a very good move by the FDA. We sometimes cannot relyy on investigation results of some laboratories, so patient have to end up doing the same test from 2 or more different places to get an accurate result. Although I am uncertain ...
 (Total 74 words)
I agree that there should be global standards on lab tests in order to establish a test's reliability and validity. However, I hope that the FDA will be transparent with regards to its approval process in order to assure that there is no politics...
 (Total 80 words)
Finally FDA has made an attempt to authenticate the laboratory testing because I have seen a lot of difference in the same test by different labs. Billions of laboratory tests are ordered every year and whilst most of these tests inform about the hea...
 (Total 66 words)