General
News Bites: FDA warns hospitals about medical carts' battery fires, Addictive cravings can still be detectable after death

News Bites: FDA warns hospitals about medical carts' battery fires, Addictive cravings can still be detectable after death

Shared by:

This week, neurologists have developed a 100% accurate diagnostic test for vCJD, artificial leaves have been invented to be portable mini-factories for drug production and a compound in human saliva has been found to be six times more potent than morphine by French and Brazilian scientists.

today.mims.com

30 Dec 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz thank you for sharing this article to be discussed,
I'm really surprised to hear about drug factories in the form of leaves, I think this invention is a great step...
 (Total 59 words)
Interesting news! The mini drug factories in the form of leaves are pretty cool, and can be useful in areas where certain drugs may not be available. Finding a painkiller in saliva is quite surprising; its like finding something that was under our no...
 (Total 72 words)
Well those were definitely a bunch of news bites as they were bits and pieces of different things. I was a bit confused by the title at first but taking it as just "NEWS BITES" made more sense. The saliva deal about opiorphin is interestin...
 (Total 63 words)
Well, this is the first time that I am hearing the concept of artificial leaves that can be utilized as mini-factories for production of drugs. This can actually be a very effective and cost efficient way to produce drugs as production of some drugs ...
 (Total 55 words)
Also in this week news feed, a new blood test showed 100% in detecting human form of mad cow disease. In another research, a team of scientists has found that human saliva contains a substance called opiorphin that has six times more potency than mor...
 (Total 58 words)
The concept of portable drug production devices has been around for a while. Now, chemical engineers at Eindhoven University of Technology, have taken it one step further by developing their prototype reactor to 'photosynthesise'. The 'mi...
 (Total 56 words)