General
Cluster of drug resistant TB in Ang Mo Kio remains mystery to health professionals, months after outbreak

Cluster of drug resistant TB in Ang Mo Kio remains mystery to health professionals, months after outbreak

Shared by:

The outbreak of TB with several residents from Ang Mo Kio being diagnosed with a strain of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis made big news earlier this year. However, months on, healthcare professionals are still unsure of how the rare strain of TB spread amongst the six patients.

today.mims.com

30 Dec 2016 - General

There is a critical point mentioned here by Theekshana Abayawickrama . Healthcare professionals are in the front lines when dealing with a devastating disease like multidrug resistant tuberc...
 (Total 74 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
In my country, antibiotics are prescribed frequently and people are automatically start to take it without even a prescription.
They believe that it is the key for...
 (Total 62 words)
Didn't realize that even in Singapore tuberculosis is a common disease as I thought this is just common in developing countries like here in the Philippines. When I read further and saw that the emergence of multi-drug resistant TB is highly unus...
 (Total 117 words)
Well, this is something we doctors should be very cautious of. On one side, we have to look after the patient who are infected with these treatment resistant organisms. And on the other hand we have to worry about our health too. At any point, the ne...
 (Total 57 words)
One of the biggest issue all healthcare professional faces is patients misuse of antibiotics. When it is used regularly without any instructions from the physicians, patients will surely be at risk of having antibiotic resistance. Just like in the sc...
 (Total 74 words)
This is worrisome news from Singapore. Despite the fact that TB is still an endemic disease in Singapore, the news of highly resistant clusters is very alarming. These new clusters are a potential serious threat in case of further spread. There is an...
 (Total 57 words)
A total of six people diagnosed with a rare strain of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDRTB) in Ang Mo Kio, with the sixth individual diagnosed in May, was an outbreak very much in the limelight earlier this year. Months on, doctors are still puzz...
 (Total 49 words)