General
A surprising alternative dressing for burn victims: Tilapia fish skin

A surprising alternative dressing for burn victims: Tilapia fish skin

Shared by:

Doctors in Brazil have used fish skin as an alternative dressing after a waitress suffered second degree burns to her arms, neck and part of her face. This novel therapy promises to be highly effective while reducing costs.

today.mims.com

30 Dec 2016 - General

Mark Edmon Tan: It is a prospective research. Though this may require a substantial amount of funding. I will see what the preparation process is like first and see if I can push forward. I...
 (Total 59 words)
This is a good article on Tilapia fish skin dressing for burns victim. Often the dressing for burns is debated whether to keep it open or closed. Unlike tulle-gras and gauge pieces, Tilapia fish skin dressing is a type of natural dressing. It provid...
 (Total 129 words)
This is very innovative to use tilapia skin for wound dressing. As Jennifer Winter has mentioned, tilapia is readily available in the Philippines. This can be of help to our countrymen as i...
 (Total 56 words)
Jennifer Winter language is not a big deal and a barrier we can go with English. I will find out contact email address of the doctor/researchers there. You can then contact them through mai...
 (Total 35 words)
Madhubabu kaaja that is a very good idea. I will do that. Thank you! I am interested in trying to make a local research on this as tilapia is a common fish here in the Philippines. I tried s...
 (Total 58 words)
This is seriously amazing! Who could have ever though that tilapia skin would be a good substitute for the real human skin. For any cases of burn, I know some would use aesthetics and skin from other parts of the body just to cover up the affected ar...
 (Total 104 words)
Dear Jennifer Winter , you can get brief procedure from following link and thanking you for your comments.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4033254/Doctors-using-FISH-SKIN-trea...
 (Total 19 words)
Such a catchy and really creepy photo at the same time. At first, i though it was a snakes' skin wrap in the arms of the patient. I wonder how they done this. I thought they done this surgically, however seeing the video. Amazing! The healing pro...
 (Total 77 words)
For the lack of a better word for it and not being able to select a more medically appropriate reaction, "this is soooo cool!" I would love to be able to try this out on burn victims here especially since tilapia is such a common fish and i...
 (Total 64 words)
Amazing! Though the picture looks kind of bizarre, like some kind of reptilian skin or tattoo, haha. Anyway, its great that scientists are turning to alternative resources like this to treat burns. Aside from being readily available, it is also more ...
 (Total 50 words)
The use of collagen from other mammals to speed up recovery process from burns is affordable, durable and effective but it needs safety. There is a risk for transmission of diseases from mammals to humans and greater likelihood of triggering an immun...
 (Total 60 words)
I saw this image on an online article a few weeks back, and before reading the title I was shocked as it looked like a man's arm was being swallowed by a snake! Patients with burns involving 10-20% of total body surface area take a long time to h...
 (Total 60 words)