General
A surprising alternative dressing for burn victims: Tilapia fish skin

A surprising alternative dressing for burn victims: Tilapia fish skin

Shared by:

Doctors in Brazil have used fish skin as an alternative dressing after a waitress suffered second degree burns to her arms, neck and part of her face. This novel therapy promises to be highly effective while reducing costs.

today.mims.com

30 Dec 2016 - General

This is a good article on Tilapia fish skin dressing for burns victim. Often the dressing for burns is debated whether to keep it open or closed. Unlike tulle-gras and gauge pieces, Tilapia fish skin dressing is a type of natural dressing. It provides a great solution by providing a mixture of open as well as closed dressing (Although there is closed dressing, fish skin dressing being particularly collagen, it is as good as an open dressing). Another alternative dressing for burns is sterile s...
 (Total 129 words)
This is seriously amazing! Who could have ever though that tilapia skin would be a good substitute for the real human skin. For any cases of burn, I know some would use aesthetics and skin from other parts of the body just to cover up the affected area. But with fish skin, I don't think so. Though it may look awful and not pleasing to the eye, it might have really good benefits in the part of the victim as claimed in the article. Howver further research should be done on this. I am curious w...
 (Total 104 words)