General
PH: FDA orders dengue vaccine promotions be stopped

PH: FDA orders dengue vaccine promotions be stopped

Shared by:

The Philippine Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has ordered pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur, maker of the dengue vaccine, Dengvaxia, to stop all of its television and radio activities related to the vaccine, citing promotional violations.

today.mims.com

30 Dec 2016 - General

what could be the correct process to meet the advertisements in Philippines? Is Sanofi applied any new drug application to market in Philippines? and is vaccine is available in market? what is Sanofi voice in this issue? After reviewing some informat...
 (Total 53 words)
Just like you Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan, i haven't witness, seen or heard their advertisement. Eventhough this has been approved by World Health Organization the company should comply...
 (Total 68 words)
Media tends to make their products so sensational which is not a good thing when it comes to pharmaceuticals. Dengue vaccine is of course approved but it shouldn't be flaunted in television like that. Leave it to the proper authorities to promote...
 (Total 53 words)
An awesome effort by FDA and I think it is very much needed at this time. Advertisement is only meant for promotion and awareness about new drug product and vaccination but it must involve the chemical and pharmacological description of the product. ...
 (Total 52 words)
This has actually made me curious about the ads. I haven’t seen any of them (I don’t watch tv) and I’m wondering what was in the ads to have made a violation. Anyhow, drug companies aren’t supposed to promote the use of certain medications via advert...
 (Total 71 words)