General

What parents can do to prepare their child for primary school

Created by:

31 Dec 2016 - General

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/what-parents-can-do-to-prepare-their-child-for-primary-school

Parents often start pushing their children for academic excellence since Primary 1, however it is not always the best thing to do since there is more to just academics when it comes to schooling. Parents should pre-empt their children about what to expect - buying food on their own, handling change, navigating around school, new friendships, and new classes.

I like your topic Chih Chiang Nieh as my son is now 3.5 years old and he is in Play group. I have never pushed him for more and more studies rather encouraged activity based learning. He h...
 (Total 62 words)
I think some parents put too much pressure on their children to excel, even at a very young age. This type of attitude has to be corrected, and parents should know that academic performance isn’t everything. These tips in the article can be helpful f...
 (Total 53 words)
Good tips for all parents in what and how to prepare the child for primary school. It is really important to endorse and explain about what to expect when they will enter to school premises. It is the responsibility of parents to make them aware of t...
 (Total 67 words)