General
The case against a surgery volume pledge

The case against a surgery volume pledge

Shared by:

We should adopt an initiative that improves care everywhere, not one that pits one group of doctors against another.

www.kevinmd.com

31 Dec 2016 - General

it is said that surgery is more a skill than a profession. if a surgeon performs a diverse type of surgeries in his operation theater, his capability of handling different emergencies is increased. this diversity will also increase the outcome and pr...
 (Total 101 words)
I share the same sentiment with Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . The volume of cases done in a hospital is irrelevant if procedures are done under supervision by competent consultants and supervisor...
 (Total 77 words)
The capability of a certain institution whether they perfom huge or small number of surgeries greatly depends on its workforce. It is true that the success depends on the equipment, staff, doctors, and above all the knowledge and skills the manpower ...
 (Total 84 words)
It is great to hear about surgical checklist as like our manufacturing checklist before starting a production batch but I can expect how many are practising in and around the world. It can minimise the errors arouse during surgery. People will blame ...
 (Total 63 words)
Definitely it isn't purely the mere volume of patients who undergo surgeries in a certain hospital that is direct cause of not good outcomes. There are many factors that come into play like the capability of the surgeon in doing so, the equipment...
 (Total 108 words)
the writer believes that quality outcome in hospitals having high patient load and multiple sub specialties of surgery is good than the rest. But i believe outcome greatly depends on the doctor and the training he gets rather than the hospital he is ...
 (Total 45 words)