General

All about banning

Created by:

1 Jan 2017 - General

We spent this holiday season with celebrations, family gatherings, reunions, together with foods on our tables and for some, with firecrackers.

Firecrackers has been banned in our country months ago. But this would not stop some of our fellow citizens not to buy this kind of thing to welcome 2017! I observed the people in our place and i have noticed that not all are compliant. I can still hear the traditional way to welcome new year -- the bang of fire crackers.

What have you observed when we welcome 2017? Is banning of firecrackers was effective? Share your thoughts. 

Happy new year everyone! 

(Photo was taken via google. Credits to owner)

Wow. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts about the topic. I am actually glad to share that in our place there is an decrease cases of firecracker injuries. Looking forward for a strict implementation this year. ...
 (Total 45 words)
Fireworks has been banned in the city I reside in as they are no more sold here. Hotels or major establishments could get permits and display fireworks of course but individuals cannot. This is a big relief as we used to get so many firework related ...
 (Total 50 words)
Thank you Jemelyn Mae Sodusta. Happy New Year.
I like your topic and I was also thinking the same thing. As fire-cracking is banned almost all over the world but people still do it when...
 (Total 57 words)
Thank you Jemelyn Mae Sodusta for sharing this topic and starting this discussion. In India, firecrackers were not banned and so unfortunately, we had to witness the environment pollution h...
 (Total 66 words)
Unfortunately banning fireworks has never been really effective. As much as the authorities try to enforce total ban, the fireworks find its way to become in the hands of the public. Despite the apparent failure of banning, I believe it is better tha...
 (Total 61 words)