General
Hospital sinks: Could the core of many hospitals’ infectious control policies actually be a problem in itself?

Hospital sinks: Could the core of many hospitals’ infectious control policies actually be a problem in itself?

Shared by:

Sinks have been long thought to be at the core of controlling and preventing the proliferation of bacteria. However, new research suggests otherwise - Sinks have been found to be associated to multiple outbreaks of serious infections in hospitals worldwide. Experts are urging new sink designs to be always tested and other solutions to reduce cross-contamination or development of superbugs.

today.mims.com

1 Jan 2017 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz completely agree with you. I think the OR grade soap should be available in the wards as well. Whenever I would dress patients I would wash my hands in between but I feel some amount of paranoia that I might transfer something to the next patient as I feel the soap I used to wash my hands with is not enough (and maybe something is growing in the tap). This is why I would dress the clean surgerie...
 (Total 92 words)
Infection control plays an important role in treatment procedures and so the hospitals and other healthcare set ups always strictly follow the general protocols for disinfection. In my clinic too, we pay much attention to sterilization of the instruments and their proper handling so that disinfection is maintained. However, after reading this post, I agree that strict measures should be exercised for cleaning the sink as it may be a source of infection. The cleaning of the sink of the dental cha...
 (Total 86 words)