General
Hospital sinks: Could the core of many hospitals’ infectious control policies actually be a problem in itself?

Hospital sinks: Could the core of many hospitals’ infectious control policies actually be a problem in itself?

Shared by:

Sinks have been long thought to be at the core of controlling and preventing the proliferation of bacteria. However, new research suggests otherwise - Sinks have been found to be associated to multiple outbreaks of serious infections in hospitals worldwide. Experts are urging new sink designs to be always tested and other solutions to reduce cross-contamination or development of superbugs.

today.mims.com

1 Jan 2017 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz completely agree with you. I think the OR grade soap should be available in the wards as well. Whenever I would dress patients I would wash my hands in between but I feel ...
 (Total 92 words)
I don’t see it as OCD. Jennifer Winter Our concerns are very reasonable. I find your method very appealing. It is the best we can do in these situations to minimize the risk of microbial c...
 (Total 60 words)
Ah yes the hospitals sinks. Those sinks are definitely infested with harmful microorganisms which should mean that proper disinfecting measures should be done for these sinks regularly. After washing my hands I apply large amount of alcohol or if ava...
 (Total 69 words)
Infection control plays an important role in treatment procedures and so the hospitals and other healthcare set ups always strictly follow the general protocols for disinfection. In my clinic too, we pay much attention to sterilization of the instrum...
 (Total 86 words)
One of the fundamental steps in infection control is washing hands. Increasing the numbers of hand washing sinks is step considered by many healthcare providers. It is important to know that these sinks may be infection spreading point instead of in...
 (Total 59 words)