General
Making use of drug colour to enhance patient medication adherence

Making use of drug colour to enhance patient medication adherence

Shared by:

Generic drugs that have the exact same pharmacological effects can often look nothing like their brand-name equivalents, and this trait has long deemed drug colour and appearance to be irrelevant. However, recent studies show that the aesthetics of a pill have been found to impact patients’ perception of and adherence to a drug.

today.mims.com

1 Jan 2017 - General

That is definitely something. I could see how color preference would aid in medication compliance. We feel better when our clothes or other things we own are the colors we prefer, this would definitely go as well for the color of the medicine we have...
 (Total 79 words)
I have practical experience of color and shape adherence of the medication to the patient. My grandmother has been suffering from joint pain since ten years and she had taken the medication from multiple physician but last time when we come back afte...
 (Total 65 words)
Color of the medicine could definitely increase patient compliance and creates a feel good situations. Canada drug regulatory body does not allow alternative color other than innovator color for succeeding generic products. Majority colors usin in ph...
 (Total 72 words)
The changes in the shape like tablet, capsule or syrups and the taste and even colour can affect the acceptance of the drug and the adherence to the therapy by the patient. I think, that this factor of colour variety will influence the paediatric pat...
 (Total 80 words)
Giving attention to every minute detail is important to achieve the perfection healthcare profession seeks. Colour is one of these important details. Similar to the real world food or clothes, colours have effects on our mood and decisions as well as...
 (Total 62 words)