General
Eighteen 'healthy habits' you should give up in 2017

Eighteen 'healthy habits' you should give up in 2017

Shared by:

We all have them — habits we think are healthy because we heard them somewhere on the news or from a health-conscious friend. And no matter how much we hate them, we just keep doing them because we think they're good for us. Take using BMI to tell whether you're a healthy weight. Is it really the best measure of fitness? Or taking a daily multivitamin. Healthy habit or a little bit of nonsense? The answers to these questions might surprise you. Using a standing desk

www.independent.co.uk

1 Jan 2017 - General

Marinelle Castro I am also surprised to read this that flossing is not effective. I did some research but didn't find any supporting facts for the statement mentioned in this article. I assume that it is a topic that has been recently declared as controversial and needs some more evidences to support the data. Till then, as the number of studies highlighting the benefits of flossing are more, it is better to ...
 (Total 76 words)
I am surprised at certain items that were mentioned in this article. Of particular note, I do not agree that people should stop flossing. According to dental recommendations that I have reviewed, flossing is recommended prior to brushing one's teeth to remove food particles that an ordinary toothbrush cannot reach. I think common sense will dictate that flossing can prevent the formation of dental plaque and build up of tartar. I'd like to ask the opinion of ...
 (Total 85 words)