General
Four-year-old’s eye accidentally glued shut by doctors

Four-year-old’s eye accidentally glued shut by doctors

Shared by:

Doctors accidentally glued a four-year-old boy’s eye shut, leaving him screaming in terror and unable to open his eye for five days.

today.mims.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

Oh my! This hospital is the nearest one to me and I know of a lot of Filipinos who worked here and I haven't read or heard about this yet. Maybe I spend too much time on MIMS than reading the local paper. Anyway, I would have to agree that it must have been a horrible experience for the four year old, especially that he is being assessed for autism and has sensory issues. If it were an adult or an older child, it wouldn't be such an issue as they would understand the situation more. As f...
 (Total 129 words)
Madhubabu kaaja From what I've read, the surgical glue was not accidentally applied to the eye itself. It was applied to the wound, which unfortunately contaminated the lids, causing the problem. Personally, I am not fond of using surgical glues, most especially on the face for cosmetic reasons. Surgical glues only approximate the dermis causing more granulation resulting in poor cosmetic outcomes. If the cut...
 (Total 105 words)