General
10 near-forgotten diseases that are still very real threats – Part 2

10 near-forgotten diseases that are still very real threats – Part 2

Shared by:

In Part 2 of this special, we investigate more diseases the world has more or less neglected, one of which infects up to 1 in 3 individuals in the world.

today.mims.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

It is my first time also to read about yaws disease. Its manifestations resemble those forms of syphilis though. Theekshana Abayawickrama Heena Pohani Unlike syphilis, yaws is not sexually transmitted disease. I guess this list of forgotten diseases should have included other serious diseases like leishmaniasis. Leishmaniasis is ...
 (Total 60 words)
I agree Mahmoud AbdelAziz that the other diseases mentioned in this part of the forgotten diseases list are not so rare diseases. I have heard of the soil transmitted helminth. Especially in rural areas, where the farmers work without proper protection and also hygienic conditions are not present in the surrounding environment, this condition commonly occurs. It was quite informative to learn about the rest of th...
 (Total 72 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz food borne diseases are mainly caused by unwell cooking of food or transmitted from the cooker himself.
Nowadays, people start to order medium cooked steak as they feel the taste is more attractive but they don't know how dangerous to eat it.
Restaurants and junk food stores should be supervised by a quality assurance team, unfortunately, this is no more available in my country inste...
 (Total 84 words)