General
10 near-forgotten diseases that are still very real threats – Part 2

10 near-forgotten diseases that are still very real threats – Part 2

Shared by:

In Part 2 of this special, we investigate more diseases the world has more or less neglected, one of which infects up to 1 in 3 individuals in the world.

today.mims.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

It is my first time also to read about yaws disease. Its manifestations resemble those forms of syphilis though. Theekshana Abayawickrama ...
 (Total 60 words)
Well, meat from unknown or uncertified origin is another serious problem. Around the world, there are many sources for animal protein that vary according to the different cultural and religious backgrounds. However, each country makes laws to make su...
 (Total 64 words)
I agree Mahmoud AbdelAziz that the other diseases mentioned in this part of the forgotten diseases list are not so rare diseases. I have heard of the soil transmitted helminth. Especially i...
 (Total 72 words)
Well, yaws is one diseases that I never have been taught of. But having 250 000 cases in the span of 4 years means that it seems pretty common even in the recent years. I had a look at couple photographs of the disease out of curiosity, and apparentl...
 (Total 57 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz food borne diseases are mainly caused by unwell cooking of food or transmitted from the cooker himself.
Nowadays, people start to order medium cooked steak as they fee...
 (Total 84 words)
The other five diseases on the list of nearly forgotten diseases are actually among the common diseases any doctor can encounter. They are usually food borne parasites that can be prevented easily with good education. It is actually good to remind ou...
 (Total 63 words)