General
Cancer: From conventional cures to modern medications

Cancer: From conventional cures to modern medications

Shared by:

Cancer has had a long and wrought history. As our understanding of the disease progresses, so do our options of treating it. Indeed, cancer therapies have progressed from surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, to the more sophisticated methods that are used today.

today.mims.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

Heena Pohani I do agree you that malignant tumors are still conditions which have a really poor prognosis. In a recent Freakonomics on Bad medicine ( Its a 3 part series), there is a mention of the cancer therapies as well. Its stated that there hasn't been much advancement in the therapies in much of the cancers that we see. Much of the improvement that we has been produced through a creative use of statist...
 (Total 75 words)
Malignant tumors is still a disease that can have a poor prognosis. Although, due to the recent advancements in diagnosis and treatment of cancer, there has been an improvement in this direction, still there is a hope of a better future. It really surprises me when I read some concoctions and home remedies for the treatment of cancer. I wonder if they really can work for effective treatment, although they can decrease the severity of symptoms. The incidence of mortality has been decreased, but s...
 (Total 92 words)