General
FDA puts leukaemia drug trial on hold after four patient deaths

FDA puts leukaemia drug trial on hold after four patient deaths

Shared by:

Four patients have died during a leukaemia drug trial conducted by a leading pharmaceutical company in the US. The drug, vadastuximab talirine has been placed on a clinical hold by the FDA while they evaluate if it caused the deaths.

today.mims.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

Madhubabu kaaja there is certainly no way that a scientist can avoid something that he does not know yet. Prior to carrying out clinical trials, research studies undergo initial phases of s...
 (Total 80 words)
Madhubabu kaaja There is simply no way to avoid them because meticulous steps are already in place for a drug to reach clinical trials. I think that the more important part is to stress to h...
 (Total 61 words)
For your question Madhubabu kaaja , if there is any way to avoid clinical trial deaths. In my opinion, yes there is, if the pharmaceutical company or drug reseachers will stop using cancer p...
 (Total 63 words)
We can never blame research of these clinical trial drugs to human. You are right Kathleen Peralta that not all of the drugs being tested to animals are have the same effects and results w...
 (Total 74 words)
Habiba Twakkol, I understand why you are feeling that way but these patients who were part of drug trials or research has given their consents with the awareness and full understanding of t...
 (Total 66 words)
Madhubabu kaaja very annoyed to know that thinking what these patients will do until they reach the clue for this research.
Cancer patients not just suffer from their illness but mentall...
 (Total 63 words)
Several thousand new drugs are discovered every year, but only a very few make it to the last stages of clinical trials. That is one reason why medicines are so expensive, because pharmaceutical companies need to cover the costs for all their researc...
 (Total 55 words)
vadastuximab talirine studies are holded by FDA as four patients are diied during clinical trials for leukemia by Seattle generics. Hepatotoxicity is reported by drug is the major cause for this four deaths. Currently one study has been stopped and s...
 (Total 72 words)