General
IT's Official: A Brand-New Human Organ Has Been Classified

IT's Official: A Brand-New Human Organ Has Been Classified

Shared by:

Researchers have classified a brand-new organ inside our bodies, one that's been hiding in plain sight in our digestive system this whole time.

www.sciencealert.com

3 Jan 2017 - General

Now this will be an interesting topic over surgery tomorrow. Let me see how many of the others heard of this news. At first I thought some new organ sprung out of our bodies which made me think, "what was new in the last patient we opened?"...
 (Total 81 words)
Now that mesentery is considered as an organ we can expect plenty of diseases related to this in the near future. And more treatment, medicines and procedures will unfold in no time. Science is indeed continuous in uncovering every piece that is need...
 (Total 54 words)
I agree with the skeptical opinions about this new so-called “discovery”. Marinelle Castro Theekshana Abayawickrama The mesentry...
 (Total 56 words)
"It just goes to show that no matter how advanced science becomes, there's always more to learn and discover, even within our own bodies." True! And with the classification of mesentery as an organ, we will be expecting to hear diseases...
 (Total 72 words)
At present, I am still very skeptical and I don't think that the mesentery should be considered as a distinct organ. If we were to label this as such, then we should also label other continuous peritoneal reflections as such. The researchers did ...
 (Total 59 words)
New medical students will be studying a new organ in the abdominal cavity! We have all been taught of the mesentery, but now it has been classified as a separate organ. I really don't understand the rationale behind this though. It is a fold of t...
 (Total 61 words)