General
Nursing behind prison walls

Nursing behind prison walls

Shared by:

One career option for nurses is working with the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology. While they are usually hired as jail officers, there are those who get the invaluable experience of serving as a healthcare professional and find a lot of fulfillment in the job.

today.mims.com

4 Jan 2017 - General

That is good to know that they have liberty to roam around but just confined in a secured area and not being treated badly. The only picture I have of prisons in Philippines is what the media showed me as I can't remember being in one. And of cou...
 (Total 63 words)
Kathleen Peralta I can imagine that the nurse/patient ratio in UK prisons are more acceptable than what we have in our region. As you may know, the prisons in Manila are overly populated, m...
 (Total 111 words)
Hi Marinelle Castro, thank you for the tag. Prison nurse is such a challenging role, like any other nursing specialty, it has its own risks and challenges. Here in UK, I think prison nurses...
 (Total 72 words)
Personally, I was not aware that there is a career opportunity for nursing professionals in prisons. Like what was mentioned, Nurse Angie is a brave woman because I don't think a lot of nurses will opt to go into that career direction for securit...
 (Total 90 words)
Such a brave woman! She was able to overcome the training even if her safety is at risk. I am glad to read stories of nurses who gambled their lives just to be someone they wanted to be. It is not new that in our country, there is an increase number ...
 (Total 76 words)
It is a great career option for nurses. As discussed in the community earlier, in many countries the pay-scale of nurses is not so good and also there are lack of opportunities for working as a nurse. The problem can be solved if new job opportunitie...
 (Total 76 words)
Becoming a nurse also means being flexible. Almost in all forms of work, nurses are most likely qualified and be able to function as being directed. Being jail officers at the same time a nurse can be just one of they exotic places a nurse may work. ...
 (Total 100 words)