General
Is a work-life balance impossible for doctors?

Is a work-life balance impossible for doctors?

Shared by:

Dr. Karen Sibert, an anaesthesiologist, stated that if one was looking for a work-life balance, a job in journalism or professional cooking, or law would be a better option compared to being a doctor. But is a work-life balance unattainable for doctors?

today.mims.com

4 Jan 2017 - General

When you have balance between your work and life than you will have perfect life. Thanks for sharing your views Kathleen Peralta , ...
 (Total 36 words)
I admire doctors who were able to find that work-life balance given that their profession requires most of their time, especially during intern/residency days. Or is it busier after that? ...
 (Total 84 words)
Marinelle Castro Yes in residency training it is hard to find that work-life balance as we don't control our time. I find myself extending hours or even having to return to the hospital...
 (Total 108 words)
Work-life balance means something different to every individual, work–life balance is a concept including proper prioritizing between "work" (career and ambition) and "lifestyle" (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual de...
 (Total 39 words)
A work- life balance is really important for the health of a doctor. Thankfully, the dentists don't have to deal with emergency situations quite frequently and they are less exposed to stressful situations. Nevertheless, it cannot be generalized....
 (Total 64 words)
Like what Jennifer Winter said, I also think that work-life balance is possible. However, this actually depends on several factors which can directly affect time management and priorities. ...
 (Total 80 words)
I agree with you Jennifer Winter , Tahira Nawaz , and ...
 (Total 68 words)
Work-life balance as a doctor is plausible as long as you know when to turn it off. I have been juggling in between being a husband, a father, and a doctor for more than three years now and I know how difficult it is. However, my advice for everyone ...
 (Total 104 words)
That is true Tahira Nawaz . I agree with your point. Balancing between life and work is just a matter of management. Just like what Dc. ...
 (Total 91 words)
My answer to that is "never say never." Anything is truly impossible if you put your mind to it. It may not be presented to you in the conventional manner but as long as you know how to adjust your mindset you will be all right. I think so ...
 (Total 83 words)
Nothing is impossible in this world but everything needs a management. Whether you are professional or housewives management is required from lower to higher level to balance work life. Your profession is your work life but your home must be your pri...
 (Total 55 words)