General

Good Patient Care

Created by:

4 Jan 2017 - General

We often discuss problems encountered in the clinics. However, we should also take note that there are a lot of positive things happening in our daily grind. One of them is often known in the Philippines as good patient care where patients bring a little something for the healthcare professionals (HCP). It usually often indicates that patients are very happy with the service rendered by the HCP. My favorite amongst the tokens of appreciation is fruits brought by patients from the province. Having experienced living in the province during the summer as a child, I appreciate the fact that patients bring in the best harvest as their token of gratitude. My most memorable good patient care story though is the sweet old woman who bought me a Big Mac when I was on duty on the eve of my birthday. What made it special was that the woman remembered my special day and insisted on taking her token of gratitude despite her financial struggles. It is the most special burger I will probably ever have. For the MIMS community, what would be your fond recollection of good patient care? 

Marinelle Castro Thank you for sharing your story. The good patient care story you shared has an extra personal touch. Patients are really grateful to those who provide optimal care. ...
 (Total 105 words)
Mark Edmon Tan It feels good when a patient appreciates for the work. The appreciation can be in any form blessings from elderly patients, a smile from the paediatric patient or a token of ...
 (Total 86 words)
It is very lovely to read a very small chapter of your professional life Mark Edmon Tan and in my views appreciation of the patients is the basic success of your professional life. In our r...
 (Total 59 words)
Mark Edmon Tan In our region, it is customary for patients to give a token of appreciation for doctors and nurses. It is common for patients to send over food in doctor's offices or nu...
 (Total 104 words)
Madhubabu kaaja Thank you for sharing your recollection of the villagers expression of gratitude toward your father. It is always heart warming to receive produce because the people who giv...
 (Total 62 words)
When I was a child villagers are used to come to my father's clinic and whenever they recovered from their sickness they used to gift some local fruits and fishes. That is their greatness on what we have shown and my father is so happy for their ...
 (Total 100 words)
Indeed it is Jemelyn Mae Sodusta . Thank you for sharing your story about good patient care. It is a thrilling experience for patients to express their satisfaction with our care for them. ...
 (Total 65 words)
That is actually the most precious gift we can ever recieve from our patients, their sense of appreciation and gratitude. I am happy to share my experiences too. In our unit, we are only 9 nurses who are shifting in the schedule and most of our patie...
 (Total 154 words)