General
Music and Medicine - Danielle Ofri

Music and Medicine - Danielle Ofri

Shared by:

The moment has finally arrived. After 3 years of sweating through etudes, scales, and Suzuki practice books, my teacher utters the words that every cello student yearns to hear: “It’s time to start the first Bach suite.” Studying cello as an adult hasn't been the easiest task. But neither is medicine.

danielleofri.com

5 Jan 2017 - General

I have quite a number of friends (also MDs) who play in bands even when we were in medical school. I feel that the take home message of the article is to pursue our passion too. The greatest crime we commit as healthcare professionals is that we do not acknowledge our need to engage in leisurely activities that interest us. Leisurely activities can even translate into better work performance. I remember scrubbing in for an ENT consultant who paints in his free time. I have never seen anyone who ...
 (Total 98 words)
Music therapy indeed a great therapy and relaxing as said by Jennifer Winter, and we discussed there about listening to music when cosmetic operations being done. Music can not heal all diseases as per my view music can aid healing process as per my personal and professional experience. Music can be used to treat Alzheimer's disease and several psychomotor diseases and so much is research is going on for a de...
 (Total 72 words)
I believe that music serves as an outlet for doctors who pursue it. That is really something on how the ones who made it into Julliard and Eastman School of Music shifted towards medicine instead. To jump from creative arts to science is quite a leap. I do understand the practicality of course. We could always be a doctor and play music on the side. I have seen several doctors do this. Orchestra's aren't common around here but if we could just refer to bands or simple music groups this ...
 (Total 98 words)