General
5 more of the most disastrous stories of human error in medicine

5 more of the most disastrous stories of human error in medicine

Shared by:

Human error continues to turn routine procedures into disastrous incidents, and, more often than not doctors are left to bear sole responsibility for these errors.

today.mims.com

5 Jan 2017 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz
We can't say that doctors are ideal people that shouldn't make any mistakes in their work, but because their work is very critical and any minor mistake will ...
 (Total 67 words)
We are, just like anyone, prone in making mistakes. It is good to have someone who are taking extra caution in every step they have to take. In this industry, it is not new if surgeons/ physicians, etc. will ask help from his or her colleague for any...
 (Total 92 words)
Medicine is a profession in which even the slightest degree of error or mistake can have a disastrous effect on the patient's life. In my clinical practice, I have come across many failed RCT cases. However, the biggest blunder that I came across...
 (Total 89 words)
Whenever we sick we seek doctor’s advice considering them superhuman to get a prompt treatment and prompt recovery whatever the ailment we have. It is very true that 5 antibiotics tablets can relieve our distressing sinusitis or common cold but to wh...
 (Total 80 words)
Human error is always possible. Doctors are expected to be extraordinary humans with near to zero error. Of course these expectations are understood because doctors deal with the most precious things we have, human lives. However, there is a fine lin...
 (Total 55 words)