General
The debate over shared medical appointments

The debate over shared medical appointments

Shared by:

Slowly emerging as an alternative to the traditional one-on-one consultations, group visits provide patients with the chance to share and learn from one another, but are shared medical appointments really beneficial to patients?

today.mims.com

5 Jan 2017 - General

Shared medical appointment concept is quite new for me and I have not seen this trend in India. However, after reading the post, I think that it can be a good option in medicine. Still, I doubt the viability of this concept when it comes to dentistry...
 (Total 67 words)
It is really impressive that good physician treats the diseases while great physician treats the patients. I think it requires time and critical concern to treat a patient and now physician have maximum 5-10 minutes consultation period that is not su...
 (Total 56 words)
Shared medical appointment is something that should be done with consent of the patient, who knows what are the risks and aware that everyone will know their progress. As for me (if i'm a patient) , i don't find SMA safe. Though it is good th...
 (Total 90 words)
I find it unethical to examine more than one patient in the same time. However, we have to differentiate between regular doctor appointments and group educating sessions. It is permissible to have a group of patients sharing their experience about th...
 (Total 82 words)
In our practice setting, shared medical appointments are not popular, and in fact I have never encountered a clinician who allows this form of consultation. I think that this form of consultation can work for chronic health conditions such as diabete...
 (Total 69 words)
The article discuss how short time visits affects patients and may lead to wrong diagnosis.
It is important to give the patients enough time and privacy to do the right diagnosis and this for sure will leave a good impact on them, if not they may...
 (Total 60 words)