General
Vitamin D supplement suspended in France following death of newborn

Vitamin D supplement suspended in France following death of newborn

Shared by:

Investigations revealed “a probable link” between the death of a 10-day-old French baby and the administration of a brand of vitamin D supplement that is commonly used in the country.

today.mims.com

6 Jan 2017 - General

So far here in our country, exposure to sunlight is the most common recommendation of our pediatrician. I have asked some of my friends if they have encountered giving Vit. D supplement in their child. And what i have gathered was, they wasn't ab...
 (Total 65 words)
I too read the news and discussed here about vitamin D to a baby found death immediately at home. So, it is now medical researchers time to find out the possible reason behind the death. Is it due to medicine problem or any issue with Vitamin D first...
 (Total 82 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz more specific information should be provided as vitamin D supplement is the first prescribed vitamin by most pediatrician in my country and it prescribed for the first two...
 (Total 53 words)
The use of vitamin D drops is very common among newborns but now it seems risky. Vitamin D drops should be given under supervision of health care professionals but now that specific brand should not be given as its sale is suspended. The method of ad...
 (Total 65 words)
The recent news of the death of a French newborn after administration of vitamin D is surly worrying and raises many questions. Was the active ingredient responsible for this reaction or the physical form of the liquid itself? If this was due to the ...
 (Total 70 words)