General
Stop Putting Cotton Buds In Your Ears, New Research Suggests

Stop Putting Cotton Buds In Your Ears, New Research Suggests

Shared by:

Researchers at the American Academy of Otolaryngology noted in their updated guidelines that inserting foreign instruments into the ear canal, such as cotton buds, can cause a variety of hearing issues and actually increase cerumen

healthscienceandtechnology.com

6 Jan 2017 - General

Dear Fedelic Ashish Toppo thanking you for alerting all our fellow healthcare professionals with an evidence on using ear buds which can damage ear nerves and hearing problems. I too use occasionally to pull out some dirt or earwax something like that. Ok I know that improper doing the activity but I use slightly and gently. What is an alternative that is good way to remove these dirt and all. Your opinion is mo...
 (Total 75 words)
Well almost all kids may share the same way of becoming silly Theekshana Abayawickrama . Like you did, I have an experience of accidentally putting in a foreign object into my ears when I was younger. That was so tiny wherein we weren't able to get from my left ear. Maybe as time goes by, it may have somewhat melted or what. Sounds gross right? haha. I also had experienced years ago that too much cleansing of ...
 (Total 110 words)