General
Stop Putting Cotton Buds In Your Ears, New Research Suggests

Stop Putting Cotton Buds In Your Ears, New Research Suggests

Shared by:

Researchers at the American Academy of Otolaryngology noted in their updated guidelines that inserting foreign instruments into the ear canal, such as cotton buds, can cause a variety of hearing issues and actually increase cerumen

healthscienceandtechnology.com

6 Jan 2017 - General

Thank you Fedelic Ashish Toppo for sharing this valuable information with us. I have read a similar article before somewhere else and i have stopped using the ear buds to clean my years. It seems very true that it can damage ear nerves that may be as...
 (Total 58 words)
Dear Fedelic Ashish Toppo thanking you for alerting all our fellow healthcare professionals with an evidence on using ear buds which can damage ear nerves and hearing problems. I too use oc...
 (Total 75 words)
I agree with you Priscilla Mae Gobuyan in terms of cleaning our ears more often. I actually suffered from ear irritation last few weeks. This is my prize for cleaning it more than usual. It...
 (Total 73 words)
Well almost all kids may share the same way of becoming silly Theekshana Abayawickrama . Like you did, I have an experience of accidentally putting in a foreign object into my ears when I wa...
 (Total 110 words)
As a kid I used to put various stuff in my ear. I am not sure if anyone of you share the same experience, but the feeling you get when something touches the inner ear canal, the itchy sensation, I used to like it! Glad I still have my ear drums intac...
 (Total 53 words)
I researched about this topic and found that it's seriously not a good thing to put ear buds, papers or pins to clean the wax from the ear. The wax forms and gets eliminated on its own by a natural process. When we put an ear bud, it many harm th...
 (Total 76 words)