General
Handwashing agents have minor effects on skin dermatitis, irritation

Handwashing agents have minor effects on skin dermatitis, irritation

Shared by:

Handwashing appears to have a minor contribution to Ebola transmission risk-related dermatitis, according to a new study, suggesting that communities dealing with Ebola should employ the handwashing method that is most appropriate to their situation and circumstance.

specialty.mims.com

7 Jan 2017 - General

We need to be very particular in choosing the agent we are applying to our skin most especially to those who's skin are sensitive. In my experience, I come to use both soap and water and/or sanitizer or whatever is available, seriously. Nonethele...
 (Total 86 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama When I was a junior resident, I had the same experience with a propanol-based hand rub in our operating theatre. After a few minutes of application, I experience sl...
 (Total 76 words)
I have personally experienced that some brand of hand sanitizers feel harsh on the skin. The most recent incident that I remember is the hand sanitizer that was in the operating theater in my hospital. It is not right after washing that you feel a di...
 (Total 69 words)
Choosing a hand sanitizer is important to be healthy which should be smooth or mild on skin should not cause any allergic reactions. People should practise as minimum as possible time to clean hands as the chemicals can irritate on wet skin more. I p...
 (Total 76 words)
The results of the study are likely to be valid, but this is not applicable in my professional practice. At the institution where I am practicing at, it is mandatory for all healthcare workers to perform hand hygiene for every patient contact. Standa...
 (Total 99 words)
According to their research study, there is a minimal increase of irritation using sanitizer while on the other hand using soap and water is the largest increase of irritation. In my own experience, frequent handwashing and usage of alcohol gives me...
 (Total 83 words)
I like the report of FDA where it has been mentioned that anti-bacterial soaps are not better than plain soap and water because recent research has shown that hand washing technique can also contribute in transmission of Ebola related dermatitis. So ...
 (Total 62 words)