General

Electronic Health Records

Created by:

7 Jan 2017 - General

With the advent of health information technology, the use of electronic health records is increasingly becoming popular in Western medical institutes. In fact, some studies show that up to 80% of health institutions in the United States have incorporated electronic health records in their system. In our country, this form of technology is not yet widely adopted because of administrative and financial concerns. In the institution wherein I am having my residency at, electronic health records exist, but they are limited to past records of patients that were already discharged. I'd like to ask the community if electronic health records already exist in your current clinical practice, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of this technology. 

Photo Credits: http://www.usnews.com/cmsmedia/2b/a4/015c64be454facbf7dd718b814d6/150930-doctortablet-stock.jpg

Habiba Twakkol Tahira Nawaz I agree that patient confidentiality is an issue in electronic health records. However, in countries...
 (Total 109 words)
Marinelle Castro
Electronic health records system is an advanced tool of technology which aids in organizing history data of patients and is more reachable and well kept.
In my cou...
 (Total 75 words)
Well we currently do not have an electronic patient record system in my hospital. But just 2 days ago I had a chat with the network administrator of my hospital, and apparently they already have developed a system and it will be only a matter of few ...
 (Total 55 words)
Electronic data gathering and collection is very common in most of the industries including health care settings but specifically patient’s data records are not much common. Here, in Pakistan, I have not seen even single hospital that is following el...
 (Total 58 words)
Madhubabu kaaja If I remember correctly, we use a software program called MIDAS, but this is designed for the institution's software engineers. This is limited to our medical records, s...
 (Total 111 words)
Hi Marinelle Castro, In my current clinical practice, majority uses electronic health records from booking patients for surgical operation, to recording their intraoperative details such as...
 (Total 100 words)
Thanking you for starting an interesting topic for discussion. As per my knowledge electronic medical records are not in practise here. Electronic way is using for patient entry and billing recording aspects only and it will take some more time to co...
 (Total 84 words)