General
Is acupuncture a medical sham or a genuine treatment?

Is acupuncture a medical sham or a genuine treatment?

Shared by:

While scientists raise alarms over the lack of scientific evidence in its practice, advocates stand firm that the benefits of acupuncture are genuine – despite unknown mechanisms.

today.mims.com

9 Jan 2017 - General

I had to look into at Braddom 5th edition for some evidence-based advantages of acupuncture. There has been some studies that showed efficacy of acupuncture for facial, neck, shoulder low back, knee, and postoperative pain, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, and tennis elbow. These studies have a small sample size though and studies with larger sample size should be done. Nonetheless, it is an effective adjunct and can be used as an alternative form of treatment. Acupuncture targets the large, myelin...
 (Total 121 words)
I am really surprised to read this article. Acupuncture is an age-old technique and it is nowadays also applied effectively. In dentistry, many procedures like treatment of facial palsy or even trigeminal neuralgia, acupuncture may me used. This traditional Chinese technique can also be used for treatment of TMJ disorders or gag reflex. It works by stimulating the release of natural painkillers. There are many studies and researches that show the efficacy of this method for various dental proced...
 (Total 79 words)