General
How effective are graphic health warnings on cigarette packs?

How effective are graphic health warnings on cigarette packs?

Shared by:

Graphic health warnings on cigarette packaging may not be enough to get smokers to quit the habit, according to a small study by the University of the Philippines – Diliman, and a general practitioner.

today.mims.com

9 Jan 2017 - General

As we all know smoking triggers various types of diseases. In the cigarette packets, we see that they have mentioned that smoking is injurious to health or may cause cancers. In the visual media also we experience it. But my personal view is that the...
 (Total 60 words)
I think there is no absolute answer to this question because there are several factors that can affect consumer response to graphical representations. For example, if a consumer is not yet a chronic smoker, these visual forms of discouragement may ac...
 (Total 74 words)
It’s a good thing that the effects of graphic images on smokers have been studied, though the results are surprising. Anyhow, if many smokers turn to other information sources regarding the ill effects of smoking, maybe the government, through the De...
 (Total 71 words)
The studies mentioned in the article uses mainly crude measures of clinical research without much objective measures being used. The weaknesses of focused group and interviews are well known and makes it very difficult to truly interpret the conclusi...
 (Total 57 words)
Very interesting topic for discussion. The graphics and messages on the cigarette packets are specifically designed for spreading awareness and for education. The letters are in bold and in bright colours, intended to attract the attention of the use...
 (Total 79 words)
It is very necessary to mention the graphics on the cigarette pack but it does not reduce the number of smokers. The research mentioned in the article has clearly depicted that there is almost nil impact of graphics on cigarette pack on the smokers. ...
 (Total 57 words)
I think in my opinion either both graphic and non verbal approach to the smokers can be very beneficial to both parties. As long as the affected has his or her own will to forego the habit of smoking then may it be whatever form of encourage to quit ...
 (Total 71 words)