General
Why doctors should be trained to lead hospitals

Why doctors should be trained to lead hospitals

Shared by:

Healthcare in the modern era requires excellent leadership from doctors who were once viewed as "heroic lone healers" and ill-prepared for leadership roles. This has recently changed as the best hospitals are physician-led.

today.mims.com

9 Jan 2017 - General

In my opinion, doctors would make good hospital administrators because aside from the fact that they are the ones who can foresee the needs of each department, they are well-equipped with the knowledge and skill to lead a hospital work force. Ateneo ...
 (Total 87 words)
It is a wise thing if a doctor who has the medical knowledge and also is caring and empathetic and can relate emotionally to patients leads a hospital He just needs to be trained for the business/managerial aspect. As the hospital is led by a doctor,...
 (Total 75 words)
In our country, most hospital CEO's and medical directors are doctors who have a a Masters degree in Business Administration. I agree that being a doctor is advantageous when it comes to leading a hospital because a doctor knows what to improve i...
 (Total 72 words)
There are pros and cons. I am not down grading any one from the other health care professional types. But if a doctor works as the administrative officer and runs the hospital, the management would be an easy thing. Posting proper qualified ones to ...
 (Total 61 words)
No doubt doctors are on top of the organization. They are great assets of institution. It is good to know that physician run hospitals have higher hospital quality scores. It only means that doctors are competent in terms of administrative work and ...
 (Total 74 words)
Doctors are on the top of the hierarchy of healthcare service. Their role implies a strong leading aspect indeed. I agree with the article that doctors have the advantage of “walking the walk” so they understand well the impact of their decisions on ...
 (Total 68 words)